Friday 29 September 2017

New Inspiration

When I was a stay at home mum I used to spend a lot of time reading blogs, all sorts of blogs, quilt blogs, craft blogs, food blogs, lifestyle blogs even wooden spoon making blogs. They connected me with other like minded people, inspired me and provided some escapism from my life.  Over the past few years a lot of my favourites have disappeared, so I thought I would find some new inspiration.  Here's a little list of  mostly new to me blogs and what I like about them.
The most beautiful photos, the gorgeous colour palettes, her regular posts, in fact she is almost inspiring me to totally change my style and colour palette.  Lots to drool over here.


This is a Finnish blog,  (a translate option is available) again beautiful creative colourful quilts.


I have been reading this blog pretty much since I discovered the world of blogging all those years ago,.  Kate an Australian writes about her family, their lives and their organic farm. Lots of lovely photos of food, knitting, family and everyday life.


A Tennessee quilter who likes colour, very textured quilting and just creates amazing quilts.


Another Australian blog,  Interesting posts discussing all sorts of crafting topics and people, gorgeous photos of stitchers, knitters,  food and foliage.


Quilts, cats, yoga, sometimes books, interesting places and food too.


Another Australian quilter, EPP fanatic,  Beautiful photos and colours, always inspiring.


Plants, flowers, beautiful gardens - lots of colour and beauty




Happy reading everyone.  Hope that you all have a fabulous weekend, let me know if you have any favourite blogs too.












9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration Julie. Some of these , Fox's Lane, Lillabelle Lane and Craft Sessions are familiar to me. However I will definitely be checking out Southern Charm and the Finnish one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those blogs Julie. I know when I came back to blogging so many of the blogs I used to read had also disappeared. It will be nice to read some new ones. SO much inspiration out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the reminder of "The Craft Sessions", Julie. So lovely to rediscover it and all the beautiful crafts that feature in the photographs. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought - great some new blogs to follow. Only to find that I follow most already! looking up the two that are new to me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Julie! I am flattered to be included in your list, and really glad if my pictures can inspire you and perhaps some others too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogging really has changed the past few years! It's always nice hearing about new blogs for those who relish reading and being inspired by them! Thank you so much for including me in your list! I very much appreciate it and can't wait to check out some of the other ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, yours is a favorite. I enjoy learning about NZ, your family and seeing your lovely work.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the links to some wonderful blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice to discover new blogs. Thanks for the sharing these!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.