Thursday 29 March 2018

Things Here Lately








  • Slowly but surely progress is being made on my Solstice Dreams Quilt.  I have done one of the re-do blocks too.- the pink flower on the bottom right.  
  • Autumn fungi is starting to pop up in the most unlikely places, this little grouping in a gap in the cobblestones on our paved area.
  • I have just finished reading this book.  I really enjoyed it and have a lot of respect for people who can live in Alaska with such long dark cold winters.
  • Feijoa season has begun, unfortunately these lovely big cut fruit aren't from my trees. However my trees have fruit this year, and it looks as though I should get a lot more than 10 feijoas, so I am very happy with that. I think from memory my fruit trees were ready in May. 
  • I'm feeling quite inspired by the success of my foray back into sewing clothes for me, so have been spending a little time looking at patterns I like online.  So far on my 'want to make list' I have the Kyoto Sweater/Top, the Coppelia Top and the Kimono Top. I  Of course now I need to find time to peruse andbuy some lovely fabrics for them too.
Wishing you all a lovely Easter weekend, what ever you are doing.

13 comments:

  1. Your solstice dreams is coming along nicely. The fungi are fabulous! Had some like that growing in a bathroom of a grotty rented house once......don't miss that moldy place! But outside they are pretty. The book sounds interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at that book on Amazon - so you liked it - I was letting myself think about it a day or two before getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is the most beautiful thing I've seen in blogland for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Solstice Dreams progress is beautiful.
    One of my quilt blog friends lives and makes amazing quilts in Alaska, Maria Shell.
    Go to talesofastitcher.com to visit and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to see all your Solstice Dreams so far - they're beautiful. So, a little longer to wait before you cut into your own feijoas, May will be here before we know it! Happy Easter Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks Julie, love the colours you have used. The feijoas look wonderful, we do get some here but at $1.50 each I just look, smell and leave them behind. We used to get them from the neighbour behind us when I was a kid growing up in Tauranga. Wonderful your own tree is producing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are so beautiful. I would like to learn sew like that. Feijoa is another exotic fruit. I have taste it but we have it here very rarely, not very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried a Feijoa fruit - I hope yours become full and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having a lovely weekend Julie. I love how your blocks are looking! I love this timeof the year with all the interesting things happening in nature. Our feijoas aren't quite ready yet and I'm really hanging out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you do with feijoas? Do you just eat fresh or can you bake, make a jam or anything?
    Hope you enjoyed your Saturday sewing.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have found online clothes patterns a complete rabbit hole and have purchased way more than I can probably ever make... a bit like quilt patterns and books I suppose. I finally bought Sew to Grow's Bondi top pattern, (plus the Meridian knit dress and Port City pants pattern of hers... couldn't help myself) and I think this is the next pattern I am going to commit to. I've now made a list of the top contenders anyway... so that's a start :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the links to the clothing patterns. I’m always looking for new and interesting ones. I purchased an online skirt pattern a few weeks ago but need to get to Officeworks to get it printed- without having to stick A4 pages together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Solstic Dream quilt is gorgeous Julie. Beautiful colours. Isn't it amazing that weeds can grow in concrete and yet others things die in good soil. :-) We are eating Feijoas now. Ours are usually ready in April, but we didn't get many this year.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.