Wednesday 19 July 2017

Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE





Now that my Bird Dance project is pretty much completed, and while I am procrastinating over choosing felt colours for my next applique project, I thought I would do some work on the Open Wide! pouch I am making for my sister.

I bought the pattern,  mesh and soft and stable while I was over in Brisbane visiting her.  She chose her favourite Kaffe Fassett fabric for the exterior, which we paired up with a beautiful coral toned shot cotton for the lining.

The exterior has been quilted and edged, it was the first time I have used soft and stable before, and I have just attached binding to the mesh which will be used for large pockets on the interior.

We decided to omit the contrast trim on the exterior, so we didn't lose any of those divine florals or colours in the Kaffe fabric.  Next up is the zipper installation.  Once this pouch is completed it will be sent back to my sister, filled with some yummy sweet treats that she can't get in Australia.

Of course, a sewer needs sustenance while creating things like this, so I have a little stash of raspberry M & M's to enjoy while making this. (Thanks Janine)  What is your favourite treat to enjoy while sewing?

Now, it's YOUR turn to share, by linking up your sewing and stitching projects, following these guidelines.
  1. Link up from any post from the past week that features something you have been sewing or stitching,
  2. Somewhere in your post, please link to this post.
  3. Please comment on a couple of the other Sew,Stitch, Snap, Share links - it's fun to receive comments from new people, and we are trying to encourage people to read blogs and keep blogging too.

Thanks for joining Linda and I, we love seeing what you have been creating.

13 comments:

  1. What are raspberry M&M's and where do I get them?? And the pouch looks like it will gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a sweet pouch in yummy Kaffe colours, and very useful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Kaffe design! I had it in a different colour way but this one is particularly lovely! I try not to snack on anything while I'm at the machine. But I do indulge in some salted caramel chocolate while I'm hand quilting at night! I have to ration it out otherwise I'd eat the whole block in one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bag! I am sure your sister will enjoy it. Those raspberry m and m's sound dangerous, the sort of thing that could disappear very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great! Nice close up photo's of the process and the sweet treats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is coming n lovely. Stitching binding onto mesh is not for the faint hearted. Superb fabric choices, as per.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great closeup photos! Love the vibrant colours.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, I enjoy that kind of project for a change.
    I agree, lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky sister! Enjoy the making.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My answer to your question is what don't I eat while I'm sewing, it just can't be messy. I've never seen raspberry M&Ms before. I love your pouch; your sister is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pouch looks like it will be delicious... I love sewing with soft and stable, and the end result with it is just great. I tend to try not to eat while I am sewing but there's often a coffee or hot drink nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your floral and orange set each other off beautifully. Enjoy the process. Your sister and I are lucky recipients. My sister makes pouches for me, too. And they look so much better than what I'd make for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now it's interesting to see the mesh going on, was it difficult going through the machine?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.