Wednesday 5 July 2017

Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE





Orange and berry seems to be my favoured colour palette for mystitching projects this week.

 Another bird, (this may end up being one of my favourites) for my bird dance project, which when this one is completed means I have three more left to go. Then comes the fun part of sewing on all their little eyes, and then all 30 blocks together.  I am a wee bit behind with mine, my sister has totally finished hers, and will probably have started the next project which is of my choosing before I get these birds done.

I have also, in anticipation of rewarding my self for finishing them, prepped another Ice Cream Soda block.

This week Linda and I thought we'd ask the question:

What's in a name? Do you ever wonder how or why someone chooses a blog name? 

Mine is very simple, I couldn't think of any blog name or title that fully covered everything I like to write about, so in the end decided that seeing it was about me, I may as well name it after me. 

JulieLou:  Julie being my first name and Lou an abbreviation of my middle name Louise

Now, it's YOUR turn to share, as well as linking up your sewing and stitching projects following these guidelines, could you also share with us the reason for your blog title . . . we want to get to know you better.

  1. Link up from any post from the past week that features something you have been sewing or stitching,
  2. Somewhere in your post, please link to this post.
  3. Please comment on a couple of the other Sew,Stitch, Snap, Share links - it's fun to receive comments from new people, and we are trying to encourage people to read blogs and keep blogging too.


12 comments:

  1. You must be excited to be nearly finished with these birds, although I think I will miss seeing them! What a pretty piece of lace you have found! BTW I borrowed the Sarah Feilke quilting book yesterday. I am interested to hear what you thought of it....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my another tweetie bird.........I am seeing quite a few of these sweet colourful well embellished birds......keep going another stitch is one you hadn't done earlier. :-) I guessed right about the Lou part of your blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Pretty colours and lace! I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...about naming my blog. My Mother's maiden name was Dassler, a German name. Her German Grandmother was a seamstress. I have three sisters, we have all been involved in working with fibres. Spinning, knitting, sewing we've done it all. I like to think this has come from our German Grandmother. So I wanted to give a nod to her in my blog name. My husband came up with RazzleDazzle changing the double s to a double z. I loved the name instantly, I had my Dassler part and I like to think I add some Razzle to the quilts I work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the significance of your blog name, great idea!

      Delete
  5. I like combining small bits like you are working with on the fronts of blank greeting cards -- the recipients love them and I have a blast using my scrap bits. I shared the story of my blog name over on Linda's blog. Thanks for hosting these link ups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lovely bullions! Makes me want to work on some old crazy quilt things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More pretty stitching, and I love the little bit of lace too! I think some blog names are self explanatory, I love that too! 'JulieLou' has a nice 'ring' to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these two colours and your embroidery is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely new bird! Your blog name is a good one and perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be an excellent photographer, Julie. The detail in your photos is amazing -- as is the work itself.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.