Friday 8 July 2016

Winter Flora








There will probably not be a lot of sewing related photos from me for a wee while.  A week ago when Auckland experienced some exceptionally heavy rain in a very short period of time, our garage and the attached sewing and computer rooms flooded.  Luckily they are separate from our house, and it appears to be only the carpets and some storage cupboards that have been damaged (my fabrics were all safe) . However we had to clear everything out of these rooms, so subsequently my house currently looks like we should be on one of those hoarders tv shows.  Unfortunately my fabrics were first out, and that means I cannot reach them for the time being.

Every time it rains I stress, so today I took myself out for a walk (and got rained on) and found some prettiness around my neighbourhood to cheer me up.

Linking up to The Wandering Camera at Whims and Fancies.

14 comments:

  1. Oh sorry to hear that your place was one of the homes to suffer flooding in all the terrible weather we had!
    Hopefully it won't take too long before everything has dried out or perhaps in the case of the carpet - replaced.
    Your photos just show that even in Winter there are wonderful colours for us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about all the rain! I'm so happy your fabric is safe. I hope everything dries up quickly and you're able to get your sewing area back soon. In the meantime the flower photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything is back to normal soon Julie ! I especially love the plant in the last photo- such a beautiful shade of green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so sorry to hear of the flooding - but so glad your fabrics were safe. Heres to a quick dry out and clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whewff I have to agree - thank goodness your fabrics were safe at least! Hope you can find something else to occupy yourself with while you're in 'hoarder mode'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics Julie! I have been thinking of you, hope it all gets dried out asap and you can get back into your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your flood, there has been so much strange weather. Hope you manage to get everything put back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear about the flood! You could occupy yourself with photography while you are waiting. These are such lovely photos. I hope the walk cheered you up. Thank you so much for linking up on Wandering Camera.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos!
    Sorry to hear about the flood. I hope you can get back to your sewing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about the damage, I hope that you can sort it out and get back to normal soon. It is good that your things are safe though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending hugs. I am sorry about the damage.
    I bet the walk helped ... I hope it did. I enjoyed the photos.
    Sending prayers,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great colors. Here in Taranaki, my garden didn't know it was winter until yesterday so many of the flowers were very green with a few blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have no more bad weather and get back to normal soon. You are certainly surrounded by very beautiful flowers there :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.