Tuesday 19 April 2016

Books, Fabrics, Starts and Finishes





It is School Holidays here at present, Miss B, Mr J and I are enjoying the lazy mornings,especially being able to stay in bed a little longer on these cooler autumn mornings.
  • I have a lovely pile of quilt books and a new Annabel Langbein winter cookbook which are very inspiring. A long waited for novel, a new magazine in the post,  I can see many more lazy holiday mornings.
  • Some stash enhancement means lots of lovely new fabrics.  Autumnal colours from a seasonal swap I am doing with my sister, the purple Tula Pink fabric will be backing for my Liberty Bloomsbury quilt, the beautiful Amy Butler floral is destined to be turned into a skirt for me, and this beautiful pile of Anna Maria Horner Skipping Stones - because we know how much I love her fabrics,
  • A new sampler block quilt. My sewing group has decided to do a block a month project where one member chooses a block for the group to make each month.  Mel has chosen the Sugar Loaf and Raspberry Kiss blocks designed by Rachel (Woodenspoon Quilts) for our first one.  It will be really interesting seeing the same blocks made up but in all the different fabrics and colour palettes we have chosen to work with.  Mine is going to be for Miss B, and she is very keen on a sea blue/beach glass/pebbles and driftwood palette.  Definitely not my usual colour palette to sew with, so we have set up a joint pinterest board  for inspiration and to keep me on track.  I am thinking those new AMH prints work in perfectly here too.
  • The EPP cartwheel pillow is finally finished  and has now been gifted. I made a simple envelope enclosure for the back and edged it with the same Tula Pink fabric I used in the front.
Hope you all have a fabulous week ahead.



4 comments:

  1. Always a great thrill to sit and browse a pile of books. Beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finished cushion looks lovely and I am liking the sea sand colours a lot.( especially the aqua blues )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always so many interesting things to look at when you post Julie! I'm very impressed with the purple Tula Pink fabric you have chosen for the backing- it is one of my favourites! And your new quilt in the sea colours is going to be fabulous! There are some really lovely photos pinned on your Sampler Quilt Palette Board! That glass and driftwood is a work of art, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cushion is just gorgeous! It's completely enhanced by your clever quilting too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.