Sunday 28 December 2014

A Handmade Christmas











Now that Christmas has been and gone, the gifts have been unwrapped and live with their new owners, I can finally reveal some of the secret sewing I had been doing, that I hadn't been able to show on here.  First up two gifts for my sister:
  •  a large fabric bowl, for all her fabric scraps.   Now this is a big bowl, at least 8 or 9" high ( yes I forgot to take note of the dimensions when I made it) I used the pattern from Nova as a basis and just made my own size. The paper pieced word comes from here.  Lots of bright cheery fabrics for this.
  • A Sew Together Bag - lots of scraps including Bonnie & Camille, Heather Bailey and Carolyn Friedlander.  The inside is lined with a fabric from Heather Bailey's Up Parasol range, and inside pockets in a minty dot.
  • Finally a pouch for my Mum - she is travelling to Europe next year, and wanted a pouch to put in her day bag.  I had the perfect lining fabric and then filled the pouch with some little goodies for travellers, like ear plugs, lip balm, hand cream, tissues etc.

What did you make for Christmas gifts?

4 comments:

  1. beautiful gifts Julie, so nice to receive a hand made gift, it is also very rewarding to give hand made gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully made,gifts Julie. So much more special to give,and receive something handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly you were busy and these pieces are just STUNNING!!! I absolutely love the bag with multiple pouches inside!! That is just way too cool!! You did good buddy! I bet your family just loves their new gifts! Wishing you a blessed new year! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade gifts are the very best!
    Very nice, I love the fabric with all of them.
    :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.