Thursday 21 August 2014

It's the Little Things







  • water damage in our bedroom from the leaking hot water cylinder - the cylinder has been replaced, now we are waiting on builders to decide what happens to the floor and still damp wall.
  • small block sewing - scaled star from this tutorial and   playing with some Heather Ross frog fabric.
  • happy mail in the form of two envelopes for the SWAK Swap.
  • a finish - the top of Mr J's shirt quilt - he has been home sick all week, so I have been able to get this completed, now just the back to piece and a quilt label to embroider for it, before all the dreaded basting and quilting has to be done.
  • taking time out with a cup of tea, some home baking and a new book from the library.
Hope you are all enjoying the little things in life too.


4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric with the little frog, a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shirt quilt is so beautiful!!! It is already beautiful and will be even more so when it is done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work all looks beautiful Julie! WOW! The quilt is stunning as are your other pieces! And as for the water.....I hope that it all gets fixed fast. We have had a lot of that this year so I know how it feels! Glad you were able to enjoy a cup of tea and a little treat over a good read! You deserve it! Wishing you all good things this weekend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I just love your shirt quilt. I love it so much, I am thinking I will make one for both of my boys.
    Your tea looks so good, I think I will go make myself a cup. :-)
    Have a great week.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.