Sunday 20 July 2014

Weekending




Sewing
  • I finished the Badger cushion - one Christmas present crossed off the list.  It is backed in the same Tula Pink fabric as the borders, has a concealed zip and bound in another Tula Pink fabric from the same range.
  • They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I made a block that two of my favourite, most inspiring sewers (Rachel and Amanda) have been making lately. It finishes at about 6"square.  If anyone knows what this block is called, please let me know.
Reading:
  • Cold Glory by B. Kent Anderson.  A modern day thriller set in America with a bit of Civil War mystery thrown in.  A good read.
  • Sisters of Treason by Elizabeth Fremantle.  Another great novel set in the turbulent Tudor period.
Cooking:
Listening:
Hoping you all had a fabulous weekend too.

2 comments:

  1. I love your weekend posts. You are always so productive. Will take a look at the Simple Supper recipes, I like the sound of those. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like a weekend full of richness! I will definitely have to pop over and check out that recipe! And boy how good must that feel to cross a gift off of your Christmas list!!! Beautiful work lady! Happy week ahead! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.