Sunday 13 July 2014

Weekending





I spent Saturday working in a different  library from where I usually work.  It was an awfully wet day, so very quiet for the morning.  Part of the problem with working in different libraries, is all the different books I see, that I end up having to take home.  As you can see, my reading pile on my bedside table is rather large.  I have just finished reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett.  This was a rather engrossing read, there is some romance, opera, terrorism and suspense, however I was a little surprised by the suddenness of the ending. Worth reading though.  I am also reading in bites, Nigel Slater's Tender II, which is about cooking with fruit - lots of yummy recipes, which make me want to dig up my lawn and grow lots of fruit trees.

The paper pieced badger has been finished, all the paper removed from the back and a border of Tula Pink fabric added.  I used this fabric, because the colours sort of reminded me of dusk, which is when badgers tend to come out.  In hindsight, I would possibly have used a lighter colour for the eye, but they do have dark eyes in real life. Now just to quilt this panel,and turn it into a cushion, then one Christmas present will be crossed of my to do list.

Next week looks to be busy with week two of the school holidays.  It is meant to be fine for a couple of days. Miss B, Mr J and I have some interesting activities planned.

Hope you all have had a fabulous weekend.

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing more satisfying that a pile of lovely books at your bed side :-) The badger looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your badger- really neat work! This pattern is still really high up my list of must sew patterns.
    I often struggle with the decision whether to go realistic or take creative license too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can totally understand how easy it would be to come home with a stack like that! I would really like to read Nigel Slater's book! My dream is to have fields of fruit trees one day! And your badger is fantastic lady! The colors and shapes are wonderful! Happy days with your upcoming activities!!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.