Friday 4 July 2014

Warm Wishes Sent







A little while ago, I was invited to participate in The Warm Wishes Swap via Flickr. Last  week I posted off my package of handmade goodies to Andrea, and amazingly she received them in a week.  Normally postage to the USA take about 15 days to arrive at their destination.  Anyhoo, I am digressing, now that she has received them, I can do the big reveal of what I sent her. I have previously shown some snippets of what I was making on an earlier post so here goes.

First up was an embroidery/sewing folio, inspired by this one and this one.  It measures about 7.5" x 16" opened and 7.5' x 8" closed.
I designed and embroidered the feather, made a QAYG cover from various aqua, lime and linen fabrics, and then appliqued the feather to the front.  The inner is linen, with a firm interfacing.  On the left hand inner,  A piece of wool felt is attached for a needle/pin keep, and there is a pin cushion for when it is in use too.  On the right hand inner I made double layer pockets, one the full size, and the top layer of pockets is divided into two pockets.  In the middle of the folio, I made a page of little PVC pockets for embroidery threads cards. This was my first time sewing this material, and I am really pleased with how it turned out. Probably the hardest thing was sewing a curved zip around the pouch, then attaching my own bias binding to it.  Overall I am really pleased with how it has turned out.

I also made Andrea a decorative embroidery hoop to hang on her sewing room wall. Some DS fabrics, embroidery threads, ribbon and jet plane sweets completed the package.

Now I am eagerly awaiting to find out what she has sent me.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pouch - I must make one like that! Especially love the little pockets and the feather. What a great swap! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Instagram or Flickr or somewhere and LOVED it! Everything is great - the clear pockets, curved zipper and bias binding? AWESOME. Lucky swap partner!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.