Thursday 17 July 2014

Sew Sew Modern 5 - Sent






Now that my partner, Sara in the SSM5 Swap has received her parcel from me, I can finally reveal everything I sent her. The New York Beauty mini quilt, which was posted about over the last couple of months, was made up of four different blocks from these free patterns. I also included the cathedral window pincushion and made her a hot pad.  It was the first time I had sewn with insulated batting before, but I am really pleased with how it turned out, especially all those tiny flying geese.  Some beautiful shot ribbons, embroidery threads and zippers which co-ordinated with the items I had made, were sent as little extras. After I got home from the post office, I found the fabric covered 'to do" jotter pad I meant to send her too.


In these items I used a lot of fabrics from Denyse Schmidt, Anna Maria Horner, Julianna Horner, V & Co, Joel Dewberry, Zen Chic, Kaffe Fasset and Lizzy House.   The beautiful amethyst coloured shot cotton was from Spotlight.

I loved how this mini turned out , and am really proud of myself for attempting these blocks.  They were definitely some of the most challenging things I gave sewn.  I will have to make myself one at some stage. Now I am eagerly awaiting the postie, to see what I receive.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing, you have done such a beautiful job, lucky swap partner xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all smashing. I would be chuffed to bits to get those in the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful swap package you put together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Julie! The NY beauty is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.