Wednesday 16 April 2014

Wednesday WIP






Currently I am working on a little dumpling pouch for another Flickr Swap.  This one is strawberry themed. Using my partner's favourite colours, tiny 1.5" squares have been sewn together for the exterior of the pouch. For the interior I am using some vintage floral cotton.

Also in progress today is a new brownie recipe/idea I am trying out.  Based on a recipe I found in a magazine, I used my favourite brownie recipe, then swirled through caramel condensed milk (Dulce du Leche).  I am just waiting for it to cook and then cool down before I sample it.

Now I have a problem with the pressing board I made.  It seems that when the board gets to hot or maybe a little moist from the steam from my iron, some of the natural wood colour  has come through the batting and fabric cover and stained it.  Needless to say I was not terribly impressed.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Should I have perhaps put something else under the batting and fabric first?  Any solutions/ideas would be most helpful.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, That purse looks interesting with all those tiny squares. As for the wood maybe if it was varnished it wouldn't happen. Good luck with it because it's a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric for your swap is beautiful! I can't wait to see it finished! And oh my do those brownies look out of this world! YUMMY!!!! Happy Wednesday to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute strawberry fabrics! I can almost smell strawberries just looking at your squares :) would love to have some of those brownies though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have often thought, I would give that pattern a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that will be awesome brownies. I love the dumpling to be, I am a big fan of them. Can't help with the pressing board thing as I don't have one. Hopefully someone can give a good fix for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy brownies...I must have a go making some too. Do you think ti would be possible to make the dumpling pouch longer so that it is more like a pencil case? I was wondering about trying that. Have a nice Easter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok....I was into the sewing til I saw the sweets!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brownies look extremely yummy! (bet there's none left by now?) L

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.