Wednesday 9 April 2014

Wednesday WIP

 

 



 

One of my nieces has a birthday coming up soon.  I couldn't think what to get her, so in the end decided to make a pencil case, which I will fill with nice pens, pencils and stickers.

I used the paper pieced pencil pattern from Patchwork, Please, as the basis of my case and then just made it to my requirements.  I made a slight mistake, which for some reason I didn't notice until too late on the pencil tips.  I didn't unpick it - I don't think the tiny paper pieced pencil ends would have survived that.  The back is some Echino fabric, and I have hand-stitched around the pencils and as top-stitching by the zip. The lining is a nice bright multi-coloured dot.  Finished size is 7"x10".  Just  the filling of it to be done now, before it gets posted to Australia..

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

12 comments:

  1. Lucky girl; it's beautiful and functional. What could be a better present?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute, I like how you put the zip in (even I could do that, or at least give it a try - never, ever sewn a zip in anything)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so cute! I'm sure your niece will love it with all the goodies inside. I loved stationery as a kid for some reason; I doubt I'm the only little girl who did, so I think it's a great gift! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant pencil case! Filled with goodies it will make a perfect birthday gift. Very clever design and I love the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous colour in beautiful colours! I bet that the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that should say "gorgeous gift in beautiful colours"!

      Delete
  6. It's so sweet! I like the hand stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stinkin' darling! She will absolutely love it! Gonna pop over and be a new follower on Bloglovin! Cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - how lovely. Love the hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.