Wednesday 26 March 2014

Wednesday WIP




I have been slowly working may way through the pattern for my Sew Together Bag.  I have all three inside zips installed and pockets made,  A little pin cushion has been added on one side and a  felted needle rest on the other. The lining and exterior are now together and the side binding has been sewn on. Now only the  18" zip and binding needs to be attached to finish it all off.  I think because I made the exterior quilted, it has made it a little to thick to top stitch nicely, so I am hand sewing the binding down as I do on quilts. All going well I hope to finish it tomorrow.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

18 comments:

  1. this is so cute Julie and looks great for toting projects in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a beautiful bag and so handy. I haven't ventured into bags yet... apart from a couple of draw string ones. Have to admit zippers scare me... as do button holes! That's why I love quilts. However when I see the gorgeous bags out there parts of me do get a little wistful and envious and all those other emotions. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks quite amazing - I hope it turns out to be as useful as it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coloured zips, looks really cool and tons of room for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. Great color blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice colour blocking - Love your sew together bag so far...i might have to make one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That looks so professional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your text lining choice is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely. I really like the pops of color with the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very crisp and nicely sewn. What a fun bag it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pockets lining is a really pretty print. I also loved the zipper colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I love the little pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these in just the solid colours...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's about the stage I'm at with mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great! Such a cute bag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie, this is such a lovely bag! I love the script fabric you are using for the lining!

    Would love for you to stop by tomorrow and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color combination! Your work is meticulous!...lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.