Monday 27 May 2013

Bad Weather = Sewing Day

What a shame - I have had to spend most of the day inside sewing.  We have had thunder, lightening, rain and hail, so of course the sewing room beckoned.

I have finished the Salt Air place mats, well everything except binding them. I just have to choose a colour, so any suggestions will be taken into consideration.  I am thinking a deep yellow  (which is very unusual for me) or either an aqua or denim blue shade.


Also, almost completed is the mug rug for my swap partner. Again just the binding to put on now.  I don't think I have ever sewn so many small pieces of fabric into one block before.  I am pretty pleased with how it has turned out and I hope she will like it.


Then when this is finished I can start making some hot water bottle covers for The Hottie Project.



1 comment:

  1. Your placemats look lovely and the colours of your mug rug are bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.